Treatment For Vascular Disease in Dallas
The vascular system in your body is an important part of functioning normally. The vascular system is responsible for transporting blood throughout the body and when you’re dealing with vascular disease, it can cause serious complications if not properly dealt with. Your cardiologist can explain all the different types of vascular diseases and how they need to be treated.
Types of Vascular Disease
There are many different vascular diseases that may affect you and it’s important for your doctor to determine which disease is affecting you so that they can then start the best form of treatment plans.
Vascular diseases can be caused by:
- Heart Diseases
- Certain Medications
Sometimes, vascular diseases can be caused by unknown issues, having no real cause.
Some of the common forms of vascular diseases are:
- Aneurysm- This is classified as a bulge in the wall of an artery.
- Blood Clots- Blood clots can include deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
- Atherosclerosis- This is a disease where plaque is built up inside your arteries and can be made up of fat, calcium, or cholesterol.
- Stroke- This occurs when there’s a blood clot causing brain damage due to a decrease in the flow of blood to the brain.
- Varicose Veins- Varicose veins aren’t life-threatening but may cause you to be uncomfortable being out in public. The veins swell up near the surface of the skin.
- Raynaud’s Disease- This is a disorder that causes the vessels to narrow when you experience cold or extreme stress.
- Vasculitis- This is when the blood vessels are inflamed and irritated.
Contact The Cardiac and Vascular Interventional Group Today!
The vascular system is an important part of your body and controls a lot of functions in the body. It’s important that you talk to your doctor about any vein issues you may feel you are experiencing to find out if vascular disease is affecting you.